Best Food Processor for Cauliflower Rice – Ultimate Buying Guide
Finding the best food processor for cauliflower rice is no small task, which is why we’ve much easier with this user-friendly buying guide. Making cauliflower rice, also known as riced cauliflower or cauli-rice, is one of the healthiest ways to use cauliflower. Made by processing raw cauliflower florets into rice-like granules, cauliflower rice has become a popular side dish and ingredient among low-carb dieters and Paleo folks. Today, you can buy cauliflower rice in many grocery stores, but it is also easy to make this mock rice at home, and there are tons of recipes for riced cauliflower out there. If you like the idea of making it yourself rather than buying it, the best thing you can do is get a good food processor equipped with a blade that chops or shreds cauliflower into rice-like bits. To learn more about how to pick a food processor for making cauliflower rice, read on.
- Best Food Processor for Cauliflower Rice – Ultimate Buying Guide
- The Best Food Processors for Making Cauliflower Rice Have Several Blades to Choose From
- Best Food Processor for Cauliflower Rice – Quick List
- Best Food Processor for Cauliflower Rice – Reviews
- 1. Cuisinart DLC-10SYP1
- 2. Hamilton Beach B008J8MJIQ
- 3. Cuisinart FP-8GMP1
- Related Articles
The Best Food Processors for Making Cauliflower Rice Have Several Blades to Choose From
With so many different models out there, finding the best food processor for making cauliflower rice is a difficult task. What’s more, there are several food processor blades that can be used to make cauliflower rice, and each blade produces a slightly different texture. This does not mean that one blade is better for making cauliflower rice than another blade; whether you make your cauliflower rice with the S-blade or one of the shredding blades is mainly a question of personal preference. However, it is also important to take into consideration how you plan to cook or eat your cauliflower rice when trying to figure out which blade you should use for making cauliflower rice.
The best food processors for making cauliflower rice come with all three blades that are commonly used to make cauliflower rice, so you can experiment with different techniques and blades to find out what works for your purposes. A good food processor for making cauliflower rice also has a sufficiently large bowl because a single head of cauliflower can easily yield up to six cups of “rice”. Also a large chute is a plus because you can add in larger cauliflower florets without having to cut them into smaller pieces first.
The KitchenAid KFP1133CU 11-cup Food Processor (pictured on the right) has all the earmarks of a top cauliflower rice food processor: it has an extra-wide chute, it has received excellent reviews on Amazon, and most importantly, it has all the blades that are commonly used to make cauliflower rice. Here’s an overview of these blades:
- Chopping blade (aka S-blade). Pulsing cauliflower in a food processor with a chopping blade is the fastest method to make cauliflower at home, and it results in very uniform, cube-like pieces of cauliflower rice. When using the chopping blade, you’ll have to be careful not to over-process, unless you want your “rice” to be extremely watery and have an extra-strong cauliflower smell.
- Large-hole shredding blade. The large-hole shredding blade, which may also be called the medium-hole shredding blade depending on the brand, creates oblong pieces that imitate the texture of real rice extremely well. Unlike the chopping blade, the shredding blade sits on top of the bowl rather than in it. What you have to do is send the cauliflower florets through the chute on the lid, and when the florets hit the blade, they will turn into beautiful cauli-rice and then fall into the bowl of the food processor.
- Medium-hole shredding blade. Many people think the large-hole shredding blades or discs make the best cauliflower rice, but depending on your personal preferences and what you plan to do with your riced cauliflower, you may also want to use the medium-hole shredding disc (sometimes called the small-hole shredding disc). In the KitchenAid KFP1133CU food processor, the medium-hole shredding blade is not a separate blade but it has been integrated into the 2-in-1 reversible shredding blade.
Best Food Processor for Cauliflower Rice – Quick List
Best Food Processor for Cauliflower Rice – Reviews
The Cuisinart DLC-10SYP1 is compact, easy to use, and perfect for making salsa. The 7-cup bowl is big enough to accommodate your processing needs without taking up too much space in the kitchen. The feed tube is large enough to squeeze in whole tomatoes without having to chop them up first.
The processor is powerful and is great for mixing dough if you want to whip up some delicious homemade bread or chips to go with your tasty salsa. It also takes up little space so it can be stored away conveniently in your kitchen. Better still, the parts are dishwasher-friendly so cleanup time is minimal.
If you are preparing for large-scale meals, the Hamilton Beach B008J8MJIQ might be the perfect food processor for you. It’s equipped with a 10-cup capacity perfect for large-scale meal preparations, an incredibly sharp reversible disc, and S-shaped blades perfect for mincing, slicing, and shredding.
It also has a bowl scraper attachment, helping ingredients to stay near the blades while operating without the need of pausing and using a spatula to push them. The large opening chute can perfectly and easily fit whole fruits and vegetables, taking less time for preparation.
There’s a 2 speed plus pulse with powerful 450 watts giving you the control you need for a variety of recipes. You can easily mince, chop, shred and also knead for homemade bread in a matter of seconds.
The Hamilton Beach B008J8MJIQ is made from BPA-free and dishwasher-safe materials for safe use and easy cleaning.
This next model from Cuisinart is another fantastic option for making salsa. The chopping blade is great for slicing up the ingredients and at full capacity, you can make 8 cups worth of salsa.
It is also great for mincing garlic and other herbs you may want to include with your side dish. The feed tube is also extra-large which means you don’t need to pre-chop your vegetables. There is a five-year full motor warranty with this product so you can buy with confidence.
- Best Blenders for Nut Milk
- Best Blenders for Milkshakes
- Best Blenders for Margaritas
- Best Blenders for Daiquiris
- Best Blenders for Ice and Frozen Fruit
- Best Blenders for Baby Food
- Best Blenders with Glass Jars
- Best Blendtec Blenders
- Best Blenders Under $100
- Best Blenders Under $200
- Best Blenders Under $500